It’s simple to find the best sex pills for men, pills, and tablets online and in most sex shops that claim to improve erections, give you more energy, or even give you a bigger penis.
A lot of these products have flashy packaging, suggestive names, and big claims about their efficacy. But do they function?
Most over-the-counter sex aids don’t seem to be effective, even though science-based medications can treat conditions like premature ejaculation (PE) and erectile dysfunction (ED).
Sex Tablets & Pills: The Basics
- It’s simple to locate supplements online and at sex shops that claim to enhance your sexual performance. These pills are frequently marketed as having the ability to increase penis size, treat ED, and increase stamina.
- While some drugs may help you perform better during sexual encounters, the majority of “male enhancement” supplements’ claims are largely unsupported by research.
- The most efficient options for enhancing your sexual performance if you suffer from erectile dysfunction are medications like sildenafil (generic Viagra®) and tadalafil (Cialis®), which have been proven to treat the condition.
- Sertraline for PE, for example, can increase your stamina and make it easier to have sex without prematurely entering orgasm if you suffer from premature ejaculation.
- There are currently no drugs or supplements that can increase penis size, despite what some supplement makers claim.
Do These Products Function?
Most sex pills contain herbal components, which haven’t been shown to have any discernible effects on your erections, stamina, or other aspects of your sexual performance.
Ingredients found in other products have been associated with modest improvements in a few aspects of sexual health. Zinc, magnesium, fenugreek, and other ingredients are found in many “testosterone boosting” sex pills, for example.
It has been demonstrated that these ingredients can slightly raise testosterone in people with nutritional deficiencies, as we covered in our guide to increasing your testosterone levels.
What About Sexual Tablets?
Many over-the-counter sex tablets and supplements are not thoroughly examined to ensure they are safe for human use because they are not subject to the same FDA regulations as medications.
Numerous of these products are also produced under subpar circumstances, making it impossible to confirm whether the ingredients listed on the label make up the supplement.Although some sex pills may be truthful about their ingredients, there have been many scandals over the years involving spiked sex pills that included potentially harmful ingredients.
In comparison to buying an over-the-counter sex supplement, using a science-based medication to treat a sexual performance issue will yield better results.